From Ancient Ink Brushes to Modern Day Cosmetics

I like to nerd out with a good documentary from time to time, so today I was watching a one about the history of Japanese ink brush writing. It was really interesting to learn how the same techniques developed over centuries to produce fine writing brushes in the far east are now being used to produce cosmetic brushes for the modern world.


I linked this to where they started talking more about cosmetics brushes but if you are a history nerd like me then you should watch this from the beginning, it's pretty fascinating! The amount of care that goes in to these brushes is impressive. These tools have been created to form works of art but in my opinion they are works of art on their own.


Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty Guru Life: Popping the "Perfect" Illusion

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

The Mythbusters of Beauty